The Low Income Tax Clinic (“LITC”) at LSNV provides FREE representation to individual taxpayers in tax disputes with the IRS.
The LITC can provide full representation to low-income taxpayers and also provides advice and counsel to any taxpayer who needs help understanding and responding to notices or other correspondence from the IRS.
The LITC works to ensure the fairness and integrity of the tax system by educating low income taxpayers about their rights and responsibilities, by conducting outreach and education to taxpayers who speak English as a second language, and by identifying and advocating for issues that impact low income taxpayers.
Cases We Handle:
- Audits and examinations, including correspondence audits
- Dependency issues including exemptions and child related tax credits
- Denial of Earned Income Tax Credit claims
- Notices of Deficiency leading to Tax Court Petitions
- Notices of Federal Tax Lien filings
- IRS Levies or garnishments of income or assets
- Innocent Spouse/Injured Spouse/ Equitable Relief petitions
- Employee/Independent Contractor Disputes
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Assessments and Proposed Assessments
- Installment Agreements
- Currently Not Collectible Status
- Offers in Compromise
- Tax Refund “Intercept”
- Fraud claims against Income Tax Return Preparers
- Improper use of Social Security Numbers/Identity Fraud
- …..and many more!